[Blindtlk] Questions about the Nook app.

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Aug 13 15:05:47 UTC 2014

Hello, Listers,

I am entering into what is for me new territory.

We have a Barnes and Noble in our area, and I have understood that the Nook is accessible.  I have downloaded that app on my Android, and it seems to work just fine.  I haven’t ordered yet, but have been reading book samples to try it out.

I would like to hear from anyone using the Nook, either device or app, and find out how well it is working for you.

One thing I did try without success, is trying to download the Nook app on my computer.  I am running Windows 8.1, and the latest computer version does not seem to support this Windows version, according to its stats.

However, if anyone has been successful with a download on Windows 8, please let me know what you did.

I would also like to know if there are ways of putting Nook books into braille format.

Thanks.Thanks in advance.