[Blindtlk] nook question

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Sun Aug 24 00:01:54 UTC 2014

Well, the model did not work well, was not responsive.  I'm spoiled with my
Android phone, and the TalkBack with touch didn't have nearly the response
I'm used to.  It was the HD Plus.  I found out by doing some digging that it
is actually running on the Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android, from years
ago, when TalkBack was coming into its own.  I believe that may have been
Android 3 point something, but not sure.  When Jelly Bean came out with
Android 4.0, that's when accessibility started to be serious.  I am now
running Android 4.4 on my Moto X, and 4.3 on the Galaxy.

A new Samsung model of Nook has come out as of last week, so that might be
worth trying.

As for me, I am very happy with the functionality of the Android Nook app.
And thanks to Jessica, I've discovered liking the Kindle app for Android as
well.