[Blindtlk] JAWS Update: A Little Help Requested

Szostak, Christine szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Dec 16 11:47:44 UTC 2014

HI All,
  I have finally updated to JAWS 16 and am trying to find a setting that I know exists, I just can not recall how to set it. Any help would be great!

  In Word (BTW I am using 2003), the default setting for page numberreading, if moving through a doc by line, is to read the line and then say the page number. I want to change this so that the page number is read first. See below.

As an example say you have the following:

this is the text on the last line of page 1
this is the page break leading to page 2
this is the text on the first line of page 2

this is how JAWS would currently read the above two lines of text if you were to arrow down:

this is the text on the last line of page 1
this is the text on the first line of page 2 page 2

What I am wanting JAWS to say if arrowing down is this:

this is the text on the last line of page 1
page 2 this is the text on the first line of page 2

  Can anyone help?
Have a wonderful week!
Chris