[Blindtlk] Questions

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 9 21:29:59 UTC 2014

Yes, I experience both Seasonal Affective Disorder and Non-24. For the seasonal Affective Disorder, I find some relief making sure I
have exposure to full spectrum light when I first wake up. I also take Vitamin D and St. John's wort. For the Non-24, I use
Melatonin. This does help but is not the complete answer. I will be willing to try the new medication being released by Vanda. I
experience the Seasonal Affective Disorder until we switch the clocks back in March and there is more sun light  at night. For
whatever, reason, my body just does not seem to adjust to the day light standard schedule.

Sincerely,
Terri Wilcox
Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Ann Arbor Chapter President