[Blindtlk] an awkward experience

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Mon Feb 10 19:46:34 UTC 2014

Good morning, Gloria and everyone,

         Yeah. I hate it, upon boarding a bus or doing some other
business as usual chore, when,  they say something to the effect of
"You're doing great..." Yet, although I hate it, I remain touched by
people's taking time to point out something they find to be extremely
relevant and experience-changing.Also, Ignorance of blind peoples'
struggle remains pervasive. So, how can one act defensive or
resentful of people who, for all we know, have never themselves
incountered a blind person? Personally, upon hearing of blind people
like, dressing someone down or shaming them for mere ignorance, I
can't believe that shit is out there. Remember, everyone, they know
not what they do, so lighten up!
for today, Car
cell: 408-209-3239