[Blindtlk] NFB in canes and travel

Alyssa alyssahenson95 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 00:07:33 UTC 2014

Hello Pat. I hope you have found all   of these answers helpful. I too started with Ambutech canes. Well, my very first was the rectangular cane and that evolved into using the folding canes. I went to buddy camp at Blind Incorporated when I was 12. There I was forced to use a straight cane and loved it. Since then, I've tried a 50 50 cane, a telescopic cane, and a 7 section folding cane all with metal tips. Like Chris, I recently discovered the 7 section slim line folding cane from Ambutech. I requested it with the metal glider tip as well. It's so far my favorite cane. It is durable, weighs what I'm used to, and has a nice grip. I hope you find this helpful, but when it comes down to it, the choice is yours. Only you know your specific travel needs.
Take care
Alyssa