[Blindtlk] Hamilton Beach Microwaves and Laptops without Volume Control buttons

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 06:12:10 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I am looking for the Hamilton Beach Microwave oven. I'm not sure if
the ones I saw in Walmart are the ones that talk. How will I know
this? Are there specific model numbers to look for? There was a black
and a white one.

Also, do all the computers now sold in store have volume control on
the touch screen or via Windows controls? How do I get around this. I
bought two computers and they are both like this. I prefer regular
buttons for up and down. I bought a Dell and a Toshiba and the volume
is either to loud or to low and  people usually have to set it and
then I find out later because Jaws intercepts it. Help?
What are some sites where I can go to find accessible electronics that
I can operate independently without sighted assistance?

Danielle, who is hanging on until I find satisfactory answers!