[Blindtlk] Putting reflective tape on my cane?

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Mon Nov 10 02:58:40 UTC 2014

Well, it can't hurt to put reflective strip around the bottom of your cane.
ABout a 6 inch strip would do it.  The strip would go vertically around the
shaft so the 6 inch length is going from the bottom near the tip 6 inches up
the shaft.

Cars and trucks that are hard to see, believe it or not, white ones,
sometimes will have a type of reflective tape on their bumpers for the same
reason, they need to be more visible.

The reflective tape I have seen is about 2 inches wide, so you may only need
a piece about 6 inches long and and inch wide.

Another way to attach a strip is to spiral it up the length of the bottom
shaft, again, about 6 inches.

Just like a car driver, it is up to you and how much safer it may make you
feel if having the tape on your cane.  Ask your mom if she has considered
putting any on her car bumpers, in case she does any night driving.