[Blindtlk] [blindtlk] transplants

Larry Wayland lhwayland at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 11 03:53:38 UTC 2014

You are right, the cornea is the only part of the eye that can be
transplanted at this time.  However there are lens implants for those with
cataracts.
Scientist are working on growing retinas with stem cells. If successful the
retinas would be transplanted into the eye. I don't think there would be a
rejection problem with this because the stem cells would come from the
persons own body.  That is a long way off though.