[Blindtlk] Winter sports?

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Thu Nov 27 15:05:23 UTC 2014

Oh tons.  There is no reason you should have to stay sedentary!

First of all and most important:  have you been to a center to receive your
training skills.  When you get your braille and cane travel skills down, the
world is yours.  At most centers now, along with the training in what we
like to call Blindness Skills, there are also activities you participate in
that raise your confidence level, bleeding over into other life areas, and
many of those activities are sports-related.  Anything from bowling to rock
climbing to white water rafting, depending on where the center is located.

When you get your foundational skills you will have an adventurous lifetime
of building on those and doing the things you want to do, and can say
good-bye to the sedentary.

If you do have your blindness skills training already, put those skills and
enlist the support of family and friends to do so.

Also, check out Ski For lLight.

Best wishes.  Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and stay in
touch with us.