[Blindtlk] Incense

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Oct 8 01:55:58 UTC 2014

Oh yes, I used to burn them as a teenager.  The cones, too.

Light them the way you would light any candle with a match.  Make sure the
stick is in a ceramic dish or ash tray and that the ash end is also over the
ceramic  ash tray, too.

The way I've always lit stick candles:  locate the candle wick with a
forefinger then move it back.  Before lighting your match find the wick with
the match, just so your match hand gets a feel for the positioning.

Light your match, and gently hold it to the wick until you feel the heat
from the wick or hear a gentle woosh.

I always taught my girls to dampen the match under a drippy faucet or
somehow dampen it to know nothing is smoldering before you throw the match
away.

Also know that smoke fron incense or candles will eventually stain walls and
ceiling, so if you are going to burn them, be prepared to do a little more
cleaning.