[Blindtlk] requesting the library of marathon county to havea screen reader on one computer help?

Ericka J. Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Sun Oct 19 03:25:09 UTC 2014

Dave had good suggestions.  Kenosha does have software on two computers in
the library system, but if nobody uses them they seem to take the software
of the the computer or something.   I had  an experience similar to yours.
Nobody knew if the computer was still accessible or not.  They called me
back after the IT person reinstalled it at my local library branch.  Now
this isn't one with the library's catalog, but I think you can access it
through their website like at home. Kenosha has both JAWS and  MAGic on
their  accessible computers.  Better than the  job center.  It only has JAWS
and the dictation software for those who cannot use the keyboard at all. I
don't think it's  Dragon Dictate either.  It's a  knock off. For anyone with
low vision, Both options are useless most of the time.

Keep up the good work MIke!

Ericka