[Blindtlk] Cane vs. Guide Dog

Cherylandmaxx Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 02:35:10 UTC 2014

Using both especially in my line of work. I love working with my dog i feel more free and i definitely walk faster and the dog stops when cars are there that i might not figure out.  You really have to be a dog lover. You need to walk the dog . get food for dog. Vet bills etc. But i love my dog. Relaxes me petting him and playing and yes getting doggie kisses.
A big responsibility to have a dog.

So those are my thoughts

Cheryl Echevarria
Echevarria Travel
www.echevarriatravel.com
Echevarriatravelblog.com
631-456-5394
Reservations at echevarriatravel.com
Cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

Hello,

The thread on cane travel prompted me to ask this question. I’ve been debating for months whether to stick with cane travel, which I am quite proficient at, or to try getting a guide dog.

I’m wondering, what do you think the benefits of each are? Why do you use whichever one you use?

Right now, I work from home, so I don’t have many reasons to go out, though I do still when I can. But that might change in the future; I’m not sure.

Thanks,
Brandon