[Blindtlk] Making a difference

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:51:56 UTC 2014

I was walking in the marina at Marina Del Rey.  The mere fact that a man
would stop me and exclaim, "I can't believe you're blind!" stunned me.  But
as I gathered my thoughts, I told him to have faith.

A very special woman, (she's in this group), has given me the strength to
move forward.  Thank you, Sarah.  I was thinking of you all summer.  I gave
this man courage to move forward; he is not a God-fearing man.  I just told
him to have faith; the Lord will reveal Himself to him.

I have gone through a tumultuous year so far, 11 people have lost their
lives, a few were blind; one tragic death was on my block  (Is someone
praying with me now?)  At Indian Creek Camp in Tennessee, my friend,
Brittany Schultz, sang Great Is Thy Faithfulness, then she came over to me
and prayed for me.  The night before, I cried out to the Lord to protect me
from "evildoers" who have bothered me here in Los Angeles.  That night,
ahead of Brittany's prayer, I kept remembering Sarah singing, "When Will I
Be Loved?"  Then a voice saying, "Hold on, Eric."

Brittany's prayer is for me to draw closer to the Lord.  Thank you,
Sarah!  It's been hard this year, but the Lord is showing me to never
forget my friends.  You have made a difference in my life.  And I thank
you!

Eric
..

..

Sighted and blind people, Eric from Los Angeles.  Here's where you can
find me: The all-new Stairs to Heaven Christian Line, 712-432-4808, Room 9;
the all-new Eric Calhoun Magazine; to subscribe, send a message to
eric at pmpmail.com, with the subject line, "The Eric Calhoun Magazine.";
talking Dodger Baseball, let's talk Dodgers!:
lets-talk-dodgers-subscribe at emissives.com, or go to www.emissives.com, and
click on Directory of Lists; my general-interest group,
erics_chat_session-subscribe at emissives.com, or go to www.emissives.com and
click on Directory of Lists, and on Facebook at eric at pmpmail.com.  The Eric
Calhoun Magazine is free of charge in your email!  You are the star of the
show!  All we ask is that when you submit a Special Notice, that it is free
and legal.  You may also submit articles, Pen Pals, and tidbits.  In 2014:
Try to be good to each other!