[Blindtlk] Making a Difference, (Cont.): Bringing the right attitude out

Christine Olivares rafael4490 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 13:24:33 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have a visual impairment and don’t always use a cane. As I have mentioned, I am from a small town born and raised. This means I am very familiar with my surroundings so I don’t always use my cane. Judging someone because he/she is blind is ridiculous.

I think this whole thing of asking someone to move is awful unless it’s an emergency. I think we should never judge someone. How would you like if someone didn’t see your cane and said, “Oh, you’re not blind.” Eric, would you like that? I don’t think you would appreciate being judged, assume this woman was blind. Not only that, but she is a woman for Gosh sakes. Where is the respect men should give women? Chivalry has gone right out the window, but that’s a discussion for another day.

God bless,
Christine