[Blindtlk] Making a Difference, (Cont.): Bringing the right attitude out

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Wed Sep 3 18:06:12 UTC 2014

Absolutely, Larry.  I don't know how many people have insisted that I get a
handicapped parking pass, and I have absolutely refused to do it.  I can
walk, for miles and miles if I want to do so.  I have concluded that some of
these people who insist that I do it just don't like to walk a few extra
steps, and are just not being honest about it.  In answer to your question,
Eric, to be honest, sometimes I have given in to the driver's insistence
that someone give me a seat, which certainly never made me feel too good.  I
felt kind of dirty, to be honest, but chose not to make a sceen.  There was
a loss of integrity there, on my part I think.  And other times I have
insisted that everything was fine and I would not mind standing and simply
grabbed a bus pole or one of those overhead hooks that some busses have for
that purpose.  If I lived in New York City and was always taking the subway,
I would probably be standing a lot, as often during rush hour, those trains
are packed.  I suspect that's why subway riders in the city are often called
straphanggers.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.