[Blindtlk] groups working together

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 14:22:26 UTC 2014

My chapter is working on a White Cane Day activity. In the past for many
years, we have worked in conjunction with other groups in the area including
our Lighthouse and our local ACB chapter. We have planned successful events.
Wehn my local NFB chapter decided to take it on this year, our chapter
president let it be known that he would prefer if the other chapter was not
involved. He serves as a member of the Board of Directors at Lighthouse.
Without my knowing it, he called the director of Lighthouse and told her
that we refuse to work with the local ACB chapter. The director said that
Lighthouse has to stay neutral and they would not take sides and choose one
organization over another.

I don't have any trouble with the two groups working together. Our chapter
has been having low meeting turn-outs and if we involve the police and city
and county officials, I would like to see a good turn-out. I am looking for
feedback and opinions about chapters working together where possible.
Thanks.

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com