[Blindtlk] This week on Eyes On Success: Working As a Research Oceanographer

blueskies11 blueskies11 at torpey.info
Wed Sep 10 12:11:21 UTC 2014

1437 Working As a Research Oceanographer (Sep. 10, 2014)

Amy Bower gradually lost most of her vision as she pursued a Ph.D. in
Oceanography and continued her career as a research scientist at the Woods
Hole Oceanographic Institute. Hosts Nancy and Peter Torpey talk with her
about her experience leading research cruises, working with colleagues, and
being attacked by pirates off the coast of Somalia.

You can find the audio and show notes for this episode at:

www.EyesOnSuccess.net

Also, be sure to make use of the show notes associated with each episode to
quickly find contact information and links to other resources discussed in
each episode.  A link to the show notes can be found in the weekly
announcements to our listener forum, in our show archives, and also on our
main web page the week the show airs.

To join our low traffic listener e-mail forum, send an e-mail to:

EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com

In addition, you can use the search feature on our site for finding shows
about a particular topic.  Search by show number, topic, or keyword.  For
example, doing a search on "careers", or "jobs" will bring up a list of
shows in which we've talked about getting a job along with interviews with
successful professionals in a variety of careers.  Performing a search for
"science" will bring up shows about making science easier for the visually
impaired.  You can also search for "travel", "screen reader", etc.  With
nearly 200 shows in the archive chances are we've covered a topic of
interest or interviewed an individual you'd like to hear from.

Enjoy!

The Hosts: Pete and Nancy Torpey

Check out Eyes On Success (formerly ViewPoints)

A weekly, half hour audio program for people living with low vision

Find out more about the show and get links to the podcasts at:

        <http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/> www.EyesOnSuccess.net

The podcast subscription URL is:

        <http://www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast>
www.EyesOnSuccess.net/eos_podcast

Find us on social media at:

        <http://www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess>
www.facebook.com/EyesOnSuccess

        <http://www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess>
www.twitter.com/@_EyesOnSuccess

        <https://audioboo.fm/EyesOnSuccess>
https://audioboo.fm/EyesOnSuccess

Subscribe to the listener forum by sending an e-mail to:

        <mailto:EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com>
EyesOnSuccess+Subscribe at GoogleGroups.com

Send suggestions or comments to:

       <mailto:hosts at EyesOnSuccess.net> hosts at EyesOnSuccess.net