[Blindtlk] Loud Places

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Fri Apr 3 20:54:29 UTC 2015

It sounds like part of the problem here was not with you, but with a maybe
well-meaning but misguided, rather ignorant parent.  Excuse my harshness,
but I'm on a roll today after just having lambasted our stupid governor up
here.  Anyway, it sounds like you did some right things, (IE) trailing with
your cane as you needed to do so.  I think I would have just said loudly to
the people around you, "Excuse me, coming through."  I think it can be more
difficult to travel in loud places, and one has to especially listen for
obvious sounds, like the sound of the cash register and even ask questions,
like whether or not you are in line to pay or to pick up your coffee.
Unfortunately, there will be times when you will tap people with your cane,
that's not always avoidable, and all you can do then is gently apologize.
Hope this helps.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.