[Blindtlk] April 21, 2015 at 8pm NFB Travel & Tourism Division Monthly Meeting

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:20:33 UTC 2015

Good morning all:

April 21, 2015, starting at 8pm Eastern Time, 7pm Central, 6pm Mountain and
5pm Pacific time, is the monthly meeting of the Travel & Tourism Division of
the National Federation of the Blind.

This call is open to everyone blind and sighted a like. We are a division
and it is $10 a year to join, and dues are due at National Convention
meeting which is July 7th at 6pm, but if you are not going to be making it
this year, please go to our website at www.nfbtravel.org
<http://www.nfbtravel.org>  and go to the tab "How to join the division".
We allow you 3 meetings and then we will ask if you will join.

If you are not a member, you cannot vote or make a motion during meetings,
but everything you are welcome to participate.

Call in number is: (805) 360-1000 and the access code is 871517#

Housekeeping rules of the call.

Please wait for the person to finish what they are saying, before you are to
be recognized by stating your last name. If you have a question prior to the
start of the meeting, you can e-mail them to me at cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
<mailto:cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com>  and we will address them at the proper
times.

Agenda items for this call are:

Background on the division

Introduction of officers and people on the call

Secretary and treasurer reports

Updates on NFB Travel & Tourism Division Meeting at National Convention

Updates from the Fundraiser Trip Committee

Old Business - continued discussion on using nfblive.org, and last month's
guest Kris Scheppe from Blind Sailing Unlimited and about adaptable
activities while traveling

New Business - discussions with people on the call about how to make travel
more enjoyable for legally blind people. Open forum

Adjournment.

Thank you.

Cheryl Echevarria, President

National Federation of the Blind's Travel and Tourism Division

A proud division of the

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND - "Live the life you want"

www.nfbtravel.org

631-236-5138

cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria

Travel is our specialty and offering the best of meaningful travel for all
ages is our passion!

http://www.echevarriatravel.com

reservations at echevarriatravel.com

631-456-5394

Visit my website to get my FREE report, "Top 5 Good Reasons to Use a Travel
Professional"

I build my business on referrals. Please pass my details on to friends and

family members that deserve the best vacation that they can imagine

P.S. - Families of all sizes is my specialty. Whether you are just starting
out and looking for that romantic destination for your destination wedding
or honeymoon. Booking that planned family vacation to Walt Disney World or
that bucket list trip that Grandma  & Grandpa are planning for the family, I
would love to help you.

We have partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama