[Blindtlk] Hook-Style Cane Tips

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Mon Aug 3 13:38:17 UTC 2015

An easy thing to do, but you have to be careful and work slowly.

Pull the tip off and stretch the elastic quite a bit.  Use one hand near the cane to grip it, so that the elastic on the other side of your hind toward the tip is slack.  Keep it slack as you replace the tip.  The hook of the tip fits right into the elastic loop.  Gently release the elastic and slowly let the tip spring back into place as you release the elastic.

It took me longer to explain it than to do it, but the major factor is controlling the elastic.