[Blindtlk] crossing streets during excessivly loud circumstances

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 00:15:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

A police officer will know how to appropriately address someone.  Plus,
policeman or no, you have the option of going with them or not.  As with a
guide dog, if the person supposedly deviates from the course you plan to
take, you have the right to question that, just as you would question your
dog's deviating from a planned course.

Another scenario involving a police officer I have thought of.  This may
never happen, but if someone came to my door and told me they were a
policeman who needed to access the premises, I would ask for the badge
number, leave him outside, then verify the information with the station
before letting anyone in.  Just thoughts.  This could hold true of any
workman.