[Blindtlk] LEASE or LEASY from Freedom Scientific: Does Anyone Know What it is?

Edward Green ergreen1981 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:20:13 UTC 2015

Hi Chris,

Leasey doesn’t come built into JAWS.  It’s basically a set of scripts/utilities developed by a third party that makes various computer tasks easier to operate with JAWS.

These range from basically providing a more sheltered computer environment for beginners than is present in traditional Windows, through to making some clunky operations work more smoothly such as searching for books, Internet radio stations and using Spotify.

There are two versions, costing approx $155 for the advanced functions or $235 for the total package which includes the closed environment for beginners.

More at http://www.hartgen.org/leaseycentral <http://www.hartgen.org/leaseycentral>

In terms of whether it’s worth it, I’d recommend browsing the site, looking at what it can do and deciding whether or not that interests you.

Cheers,

Ed