[Blindtlk] Notetakers and Dental Coverage

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 23:06:33 UTC 2015

Oh heck. I realize that the second part will be oftopic for blindtech.
Just ignore please or answer if you like.

Are there still blind folks using tiny notetakers? If so, what is
popular now. I used to want a BrailleNote but was never approved for
one and couldn't afford it on my own. Are there discount programs to
get them now? What is the difference between the new one and the old?
How does it rank with other popular notetakers and why do some blind
people qualify to get them through LRS and others don't?

Next, sitting here ticked off. What do you all who are on affixed
income and Medicaid do about Dental coverage? I am in need of dental
cleanings and possible oral surgery/cavity relief and I was told that
beyond 21 adults aren't covered in Louisiana. Upon, checking the
website I got same info. I bet if I presented at the hospital I would
get treated though. I'm a proactive person and DO NOT handle pain
well! So now I guess my options are get a job with group beneifits
which is damn near impossible hear, or, self-pay for insurance and
I've been that route before. Insurance is high and I probably really
can't afford it on SSI. Stupid I say. Wondering too why it's easier to
get good proper medical in one city over another?So in orther words, I
am being denied on the count of my age and the fact I only have
Medicaid, even though the providers are listed in the Provider Locator
section. I guess that might be in the View Info section but for some
reason when I click on it nothing happens.