[Blindtlk] Notetakers and Dental Coverage

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 23:26:29 UTC 2015

In Wisconsin most dentist won't take the dental insurance the state provides on their medical assistance program. Our county has a dental clinic for the community. If you are on the state medical  assistance and or Medicare you get nearly free dental care. If you are not under any kind of insurance they still only charge you one fee.. It's been a while since I knew all the rules, but I think last time the most they could charge you for or anything was $70. Being on medical assistance and Medicare I really don't know the details. The stinky thing is I can't get A visit twice a year like is recommended. So I go in one day for the check up then call me in about six months later for the cleaning. Despite my seizure medications and other health issues I'm pretty lucky not to need more than check ups. Good luck and I hope paying for your dental care doesn't hurt as much as the oral surgery probably will! I had all four wisdom teeth taken out it wants thankfully when I was in high school. Don't have to worry about that anymore.

Ericka
Sent from my iPhone