[Blindtlk] Anyone else having issues with Tapin Radio?

Christopher-Mark Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 03:08:32 UTC 2015

Guys,

Just a real quick question.  I know there are other tech lists probably more
suited for this, and if I need to go to one of them, I will in the long run,
but seeing that I'm an extremely advanced computer user, and, I do mean,
advanced, bigtime, I'm not sure if there is anything here I'm really doing
wrong that I know of...

I'm running the most up to date version of Tapin Radio.  I have tried on
both Windows XP, as well as on Windows 8.1... Before anyone tells me, yes,
I'm totally aware that there is a specific version of Tapin Radio for
Windows 8.  I'm totally aware of that, and have downloaded/installed it
accordingly as needed.  In both cases, both XP, and 8.1, I'm finding all of
a sudden, after going a while without it installed, and now wanting to get
back into listenning to internet radio on my pc, I reinstalled, only to find
that the menu bar isn't reading any longer.  I've hit the alt key by itself,
I've hit alt+F to go into the file menu, I've used my jaws cursor, in the
case of jaws, I've used my screen review in the case of NVDA, and even with
jaws have tried the OCR plugin with no help.  All I get with both screen
readers is expanded, expanded, expanded, as I arrow around.  Now, I can
access the main U I of the app with no problem.  Don't get me wrong, but the
menu bar, which is where I need to go to register, and put in my Pro serial
number, as well as do some other things, like accessing preferences, and
what not, I can't do unless I go to the menu bar... at least that's my
understanding.

Again, though it would be annoying, I'd be very willing as a last resort to
just use the jaws cursor, the NVDA review, or for that mind, just simply use
the OCR package in FAWS, but as I said earlier, not even that is working.

I'm on JAWS 15 on my XP machine, and JAWS 16 on my Windows 8.1 system.

I'm running Tapin Radio 1.60.1 on my XP machine.

The installer file name is simply tapinradio_setup.exe.

For Windows 8.1, same version, and the file name is:
tapinradio_setup_W8.exe.

I am not running the portable version in either case.

As for NVDA, I'm using the most up to date snapshot.  I literally just
updated and installed it tonight, not even probably 20 minutes ago.

What gives?  Any ideas?

Chris.