[Blindtlk] Looking for PENFriend Reviews and Info

River Linda waterinmyroom at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 21:50:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

Why do you wantc or need the pen friend?

The pen friend, for me at least, was a waste of money. I probably used a
whopping total of seven labels. Some people use them for clothes, CDs,
books, food, toiletries, etc.Some would use the pen friend as an mp3
player. I did not label anything other than meds, credit/insurance cards.

The different label letters represent new sections sort of I guess. So,
when you run out of A labels, then you need to order B and so on. The
labels are reusable, so if you do not need more labels, there is no need to
order more. I think pack B contains 300 or so labels, so they might last a
while. The A labels might be a continuation of the 127 labels you get with
the pen, but I am not sure. I read the Pen Friend 2 is available with
washable labels. I was told that the original labels are washable.

I think the KNFB Reader and good old Braille works just as well as the pen
friend.