[Blindtlk] [Blindly] Just Venting!

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Mon Jun 1 23:20:38 UTC 2015

Can you call them back now and stay on top of your situation with the
agency?

Example:

I'll pass your case onto so-and so.

Question:  When can I expect to hear back?

If they can't give you a date, call the next week, and put a reminder to do
so on your calendar.

Also, at the end of your conversation, say something like, "Next steps:
What are the next steps to follow?"   Also ask for a time-line, and if they
can't give you one, you give them one.  For instance:  "Okay, I'll check
back with you in three days."  Then put that reminder on your calendar to
call them back on that date, and keep at it until you get results.
Counselors and clients should work equally, but sometimes the client should
work harder than the counselor, because client is buying into their own
success.

Hope these ideas help you with a game plan.