[Blindtlk] Hadley School and braille files.

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Thu Jun 18 01:25:15 UTC 2015

I am taking the UEB course through Hadley.

I wanted to know if I could download a digital file of the course, rather than the hard copy.  My instructor had me get in touch with someone in the materials center, who told me that they cannot distribute digital files for this course, as it is against the law.  He says that since they are a private institution, and receive no federal funding, that they are not protected by federal law.

I asked about standardized digital access, but he said they have made an exception in hardship cases, for instance, for some reason, if a braille user cannot turn a braille page in a hard-copy document.

I explained that my desire for a braille file was solely for convenience and not as a hardship request.

My question:  Is there any way Hadley should or could offer digital braille files for courses?  Just curious.