[Blindtlk] Cane Gripping

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 23:06:42 UTC 2015

Hi Sandra,
Like you. I consider myself a guide dog user; hope none goes to bat
with me about not using dog guide user in stead. I have used canes
shorter than me that come like to my sternum but I prefer a longer
cane. I find the shorter cane tends to get caught up in cracks and the
edge of the sidewalk and jab me in the chest. I can use both, just
prefer the longer one. I usually prefer the NFB canes especially now
since I tend to have achy stiff fingers at times and tire in general
much easier. Currently, I have an Ambutech which seems heavy but I
don't have a rollerball tip on it either. It folds. I miss my golden
guide, glad you have your Eva girl. What color is she and where is she
from? Just curious! Actually, I have such a problem lately with people
just running past me so if they trip they deserve it