[Blindtlk] An independence update

Christopher-Mark Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 23:30:32 UTC 2015

The fact that you managed to do a spiral stairwell without falling flat
faceplanted is amazing!  I have yet! To find a way to do those things.
Maybe it's just that my balance is horrific, but I swear to you, I never
ever have been able to do those things unless someone literally is standing
in front of me, holding both of my hands guiding me and making sure I don't
fall.  Before anyone starts about just use your cane, for God sake, Chris!
Jesus Christ, How hard can this be!  Let me say that for someone who once
had not much, but some,  usable vision, it's very! Difficult!  Also realize
that as I said a second ago, my balance is terrible!  Even staying toward
the wider area of the steps, I still feel like I'm literally moving at a
direct 90 degree virticle angle, and that 3/4 of my foot is dangling off the
step.  One wrong move, and kuh? Boom!  Down will fall Chris, his cane and
all!  And it wouldn't be a rock abye baby either!  More like a kur spl'lat!

I'm great with regular stairs, obviously, but forget spyrals!  I commend!
You for being able to do them.  Yikes!  More power to ya!

Chris.