[Blindtlk] Re-finger food and catch up question

Christopher-Mark Gilland clgilland07 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:50:08 UTC 2015

Arielle,

I hate! those little packets.  I used to be really good with them, but I've
lost the strength in my fingers to grip tightly enough to open them.

Generally though, what you want to do is, hold the packet in your nondominet
hand.  So, in other words, let's say you're right handed.  So, hold the pack
in your left hand between your thumb, index, and middle finger.  Don't
squeeze, whatever the heck you do unless you want a major disaster!  The
last thing you need is the packet to shart on you!  LOL!  Now, with your
right hand, same fingers, thumb, index, and middle, milk the packet.
Pretend that you're milking a cow.  No! Seriously!  I know that sounds a
little warped, but seriously!  The goal is to get all the sauce down to the
bottom of the packet.  Now comes the tricky part.  If you feel on the top of
the packet which now should have no sauce up there since you pushed it all
to the bottom, you should notice a very slight roughness across the top
horizontal edge.  The best way I can describe it is, it'll feel somewhat
perporated.  Not exactly so, but that's about the closest thing, though a
bit of a stretch, I can think of to explain.  You're going to need some
fingernail action for this, but use your thumb and index fingers and dig in
really really deep with your nails, I mean, really really dig.  then very
slowly, and I stress, very! slowly, tear the top of the packet across
horizontally.  Don't leave any of the top still there.  Tear it all the way
across until that seal comes completely off the packet.  Now lay it down,
and with your left hand still holding the packet, move it over to the area
where you want it to go.  Then in a quick swift motion, turn the packet
upside down, with the openning faced down toward the dish or whatever.  Then
do like you did before openning it.  Take your right hand and milk it again.
If you do it right, you should feel the stuff start to leave the packet as
it drips on your plate.  It can! be done, trust me, but it's a royal pain, I
agree.

Chris.