[Blindtlk] Sewing for the blind

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Fri May 22 02:05:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm blind and have been sewing for years, firstl earning in home ec in school za  blind student at the Colorado School For the Deaf And Blind. I was a day student there when my Air Force parents were stationed there, and our teacher had worked for a fashion designer in the past. Her experience brought us all sorts of sewing tips and tricks. I wouldn't call myself a seamstress, but have spent many an hour at the sewing machine all through life. You can write me off-list and would be glad to help with what I know. Although, it would be good to hear from others using the sewing machine. I know you talked about hand-sewing, but is therea  reason you wouldn't consider using a machine?

One book I know of you still might be able to google and download is: "So What About Sewing, especially made for the blind seamstress.

Also check out blindhow dot com to see if there are any ideas there.