[Blindtlk] Sewing for the blind

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Mon May 25 23:15:28 UTC 2015

Hi, Jewel,

I think that is fascinating!  One way to sew a straight handstitch is to
iron a straight crease where you want to sew.  When handsewing I just check
my edges quite often, but I'm sure I don't do as much as you do with the
medieval costumes.  Another thought.  If you're using close to that half
inch or 5/8 inch seam width, can you scotch tape along the edge of the
fabric, then sew along the inside of your tape?

I don't know that many handstitches myself, just the ones you mentioned, but
see if any craft stores or sewing stores offer any classes in embroidery, is
about the only things I can think of, or any books with text instructions.

Judy
.