[Blindtlk] {Spam?} Lions Center for the Blind

Marianne Haas braillewoman at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 22 22:46:33 UTC 2016

Dear Fellow Travelers,
My name is Marianne Haas.  I am on the board of the Lions Center for the
Blind in Oakland.  My blind friends and I can live independently due to
services at the Lions Center in Oakland.

The impending closure of the Lions Center concerns me deeply.  There are not
too many agencies for the blind in this area.  The loss of another agency
for the blind means that other agencies have to provide services to more
clients.  This could mean the decrease of the quality of services.  I am
asking for any donations, big or small or any assistance to keep services
going.  Even in this time of transition, the Board is looking at other
options to provide services to people with vision loss.

I thank you in advance for your attention to this email and the press
release.

Best Regards,

Marianne Haas