[Blindtlk] Grabbing print on the fly.

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Aug 25 17:57:23 UTC 2016

Judy,

When you say that it is not available from any of the services, does that
mean that a check has been made to be sure it is not available through
NIMAC?  As I understand it, each state has a coordinator who is authorized
to access their database.  It could be that a request to the publisher could
still be made.  Also, APH has a database of all books that are available or
are in process of being transcribed.  I believe it is called the LOUIS
database.  It could be available through another entity before the student
is too far into the school year.  It also could be available through Kindle
which might be an alternative if the student has an iPad.  I just want to be
sure that all options have been looked at.  Scanning a book reliably with an
iPad is not a simple matter, even though the KNFB Reader app might be a good
addition.  I would hesitate to count on that approach to make up for a
textbook not being accessible, though.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson