[Blindtlk] Technology questions for a new job

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Fri Aug 26 16:31:17 UTC 2016

I also do more brailling and writing.  In my office job and client interviews, I use mainly the note taker.  I have  HIMS U2 mini, which also fits in my purse.

I use the computer for all of our agency online tasks, although I do not use a braille display hook up for that, I haven't had the time to get proficient with all the key combinations.  That is where a keyless display would be good, like the old PowerBraille, no learning curve there.

I can see where voice recording could be beneficial with newspaper work, depending on what you are doing, but I don't like using voice apps much with my phone either.  I mostly use the Bluetooth hookup when I need it, I'm more comfortable with braille, as I want that input, just my preference of use.