[Blindtlk] Uncollated and Unbound Braille Material

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 10 16:00:45 UTC 2016

Hello Brian and everyone,

     They contracted with a Braille producer able to transcribe such
material. It's the responsibility of the Braille producer who contracts
with such firms to deliver any material they provide to blind customers
needs to be proofread, properly colated and bound. Mary is transcribing
health documents for several insurance companies. The Education Service
Center Region 20 transcribes, proofreads, colates, and binds material
they send out. All Braille producers need to do the same.

     The hipocracy within the NFB needs to cease. Don't ever tell us
that the blind can live the lives they want and then turn around and
tell us to be greatful that we received this or that service. If I owned
a company that provided services to the blind anyone that harbored that
attitude would not be on our payroll. If sighted persons can receive
documentation professionally produced and ready to read the blind should
expect likewise and demand it from Braille producers.

Peter Donahue