[Blindtlk] Editing account on Uber App on iPhone?

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 17:40:47 UTC 2016

Good morning,

As those of us who use Uber know, the app has been updated and is fairly
accessible.  However, does anyone know how to edit some account settings?

I'm specifically trying to edit or change my email address but can't seem to
find where to do it.

I went to settings, and tapped on my name.  There, I saw "Edit Account
Settings."  So far so good.

Then, there's a blank or unlabeled button and to the right of that is my
phone number.

I tapped on the unlabeled button, and nothing happened.  I tapped on my
phone number, and it wanted to verify my password.  I typed it in.  It then
showed me my phone number and said that a verification code would be sent to
the phone.  The only choices I got though were "back" or "Update Phone."  I
tapped on "Update Phone" and nothing happened after that.

So, what am I doing wrong, or what do I need to do?

I need to update my email address on that account, and it looks like I can
only do it from the app and not on the actual web site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim