[Blindtlk] non 24

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 04:16:38 UTC 2016

Well, first off, I think they are really making the point that people have a
problem with sleeping during the day, which is to say the do when it isn't
appropriate, and they have trouble sleeping at night as in they can't.
People (a person) I know who takes the drug is just thrilled because for the
first time in her life she is sleeping better. There are other sleep
disorders that cause this same problem, but we will be asked about it if we
come into a sleep center with complaints. My husband tried to get the drug,
they degtermined that probably he didn't need it; on the other hand, they
wondered if I might have it. I suggested that probably I would have most
always had sleep problems if I had that, and I thought that part of my issue
is hormonal. Lots of people do have these same kinds of problems, but the
ads say that 70% of totally blind folk have it. I don't see how they could
know this. I think that when something like this is new, people are going to
make assumptions; we just have to be patient about it. I don't think the
commercials make us look like idiots. I think they make us look like we need
some kind of help, and people with these problems do whatever the problem
really is.
Cindy