[Blindtlk] non 24

Bob Hachey bhachey at verizon.net
Thu Jan 7 21:59:37 UTC 2016

Hi Mike,
I agree with you about how Vanda seems to have put a lot into marketing to a very small population. Could it be that maybe Vanda is, in this case, putting altruism above profits? That would be an oddity for sure in the Corporate States of America.
But I do disagree with your second point. Why should we be horrified that there's a blindness-related condition that could cause one to fall asleep at work, at home or anywhere else? Frankly, I’m much more horrified that it's possible an employer would refuse to hire us just because he or she saw a Vanda add for non 24 sufferers. That's immoral in my view and ought to be illegal. Instead of pointing the finger at Vanda, we ought to be pointing the finger at any employer who would use this or any other of a number of excuses not to hire us.
Bob Hachey