[Blindtlk] unhappy with current government trends, vote libertarian for 2016 American president

Cheryl Echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:54:49 UTC 2016

Please also remember as non-profit organization, we cannot be give you any
specific way to vote. We have people on all sides of the fence that we work
with to try and get the bills and laws passed.

I know that many members of the NFB do not even know their local
representatives, because we all have our own personal opinions about the
people in office. State and Local Senators, Assembly, Congress, etc.

I know here in NY we go to our state capital, Albany, every year and speak
with our state representatives, bring the bills we want pass, etc.

Many states do not do this.

All these people are there to represent us and if they are not doing their
jobs, we vote them out. That is why voting is so important, these jobs are
not supposed to be for lifetime positions.

People think that the person you vote for will keep the promises that they
are making, but don't listen to it. The ones who make the things become a
reality are the people I just mentioned above. National and Local
representatives.

Remember they pass the votes not the President, he will only veto them.

You need to know how government works!

I am proud to be an NFB member talking and listening to the elected
officials, not a lobbyist representing me.

Cheryl Echevarria, Vice President
National Federation of the Blind, Greater Long Island Chapter
A proud chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of New York State
631-236-5138
cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
"Live the Life You Want"

between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want;
blindness is not what holds you back.

Cheryl Echevarria was awarded by Governor Cuomo in 2012, New York State
Disabled Entrepreneur or the year, and is the owner of Echevarria Travel
www.echevarriatravel.com; 631-456-5394 or reservations at echevarriatravel.com
and  has partnered with Braille Smith. www.braillesmith.com for all her
braille needs.  Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama