[Blindtlk] Transition

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:15:28 UTC 2016

Hi, David,

Like you, transition meant taking the skills you learned in school, and
transitioning into college, using your common sense, studying hard, with the
expectation of good grades from family and oneself.  Of course, I had time
to have fun and be social in college, but I was expected to do well and make
the most of my education, and I wanted to.

I'm not sure if the term Transition, as we know it today, was even around.
Now, wighted or blind, kids in middle school, are encouraged to draw up a
5-year or 7-year plan, deciding what direction to take after high school,
depending on the state in which one lives, and the setup of the school
system.