[Blindtlk] I need to hear back from any blind person who has worked as a lifeguard.

annajee82 at gmail.com annajee82 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:35:21 UTC 2016

Judy,
As a blind person succeeding in a field that I was told I could not pursue, I so appreciate your reaching out to find out if there are possibilities.  So many times we think of certain jobs in only one narrow way.  I too, do not have an answer for you about being a lifeguard.  But  how many times I have heard vocational counselors tell their clients "You cannot do such and such job without vision", when unbeknownst to them, there already are blind people doing it.  Thank you for not assuming, as too many tend to do.  I hope you can find the info you need.  I also recommend reaching out to other places including sports and rec NFB division among other places.
Thanks,

Anna E Givens