[Blindtlk] funding for assistive technology

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon May 16 17:01:25 UTC 2016

For those that can do computer programming, sites like freelancer.com
have work available for bid that can be done if you have a computer
system and necessary software on it to meet the programming
specifications.  At the end of it maybe you get paid and maybe not (you
take a chance on honesty of those offering projects).  If you document
your project work you'll have something for your portfolio whether or
not you get paid and you'll also gain necessary experience.  This
opportunity is not open to everyone but for those with a programming
background may enable them to get funding without the need for
organizations providing inferior product and that funding could get some
very nice equipment too.  Only thing is, those getting s.s.i. and social
security and other forms of assistance will need to do timely
disclosures of any income earned with any of these projects regularly.