[Blindtlk] Dear all,

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 21:37:11 UTC 2016

Afternoon, Jewel,

         I don't know anything about your question but I wanted to
remind you of cultural sensitivity, that is, not every culture
embraces school as the only way. Some blind people are perfectly
content to engage in which ever passtime their particular  culture
accepts, be it piano tuning, broom making, massage or living with
their folks and begging. To me, it's about autonomy and the right to
decide. Yes, if the people desire to have their life experiences to
be framed in academia, then more power to you. But remember cultural
norms and patterns as you proceed.
If you feel like it, keep us posted.
Car