[Blindtlk] {Spam?} A new Ambutech graphite cane (made to order) in trade for your older style cane

Peter Wolf pwolf1 at wolfskills.com
Sun Feb 5 01:58:42 UTC 2017

I’m putting this message back out for anyone interested.   Thank you so far, to one member, for having responded successfully.  I’ll need extra canes for backup.  Here’s the offer again:

If you have an Ambutech graphite cane that is 5 or 6 section folding, in reasonable working shape, that is a couple of years old or more, and would appreciate having a new one in their currently improved design, I am offering to purchase a one for you in trade for your older model.  I’ll pay and have the new (made to order) cane shipped to you.  After you receive the new cane, send me your older one.  I use 56 inches, but a couple of inches more or less is ok.  I don’t care about the tape being new or pretty, only that the cane is ok.

I am offering this because I have a shoulder tendon injury, which makes the exact angle when pulling apart the (older) cane less painful.  I really like the new improved model.  But I can’t use one, and probably won't for a while.

The new model has been made for about a year and a half.  It has finely machined slightly conical joints, which make the cane practically jump into extension when you let it out, better then the older model.  The new model may not actually weigh less, but it feels like it in operation, because the joints fit better then the old style and don’t have as much play.  Because of that, the cane feels more sensitive and responsive than the older model.  But as I said, I can’t use it while I heal the tendon tear.  It’s only a degree or two of angle difference when pulling sections apart between the new and old, but that’s right where my pain threshold is with the new design.

So if you’d like to “trade up”, I’ll buy you your same model in the new cane.  Here’s how to tell the difference:

The older cane has joints much like Revolution canes - a male tube that fits in a female sleeve at the joint.  The only real difference is that Ambutech’s tube is made of aluminum, (whereas the same tube in a Revolution is made of graphite).    In the (newer) Ambutech cane, the joint is half as long as the older tube was, and is slightly conical instead of a longer tube insertion.  Instead of slipping into joint with some play, it almost snaps right in and out and holds in place.

This is going to cost me.  But I have lost canes, including recently my last one in the old model that I want.  Soon this old battleaxe won’t be in circulation anymore.  So I’m putting out the word and springing for it.

Thanks all.

Peter