[Blindtlk] Driverless Cars

Judy Jones Judy.Jones at icbvi.idaho.gov
Wed Jan 4 14:37:14 UTC 2017

Absolutely true!!

From: blindtlk [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jude DaShiell via blindtlk
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2017 2:04 AM
To: Bryan Schulz via blindtlk
Cc: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] Driverless Cars

The difference between driverless cars and horseless carriages is the horseless carriages were repaired by shade tree mechanics and could be repaired by shade tree mechanics and the driverless cars are an entirely different situation with respect to repairs.  First all of the car companies have been doing as much as they posssibly could to make repairs by any other than mechanics with very expensive tools computers and training impossible.  That in turn lost many people employment they could have had otherwise.  So it's not just the purchase price; mechanical maintenance, security maintenance (make sure your car doesn't get hacked), the repair costs for these vehicles are probably going to force many of them into recycling since repair costs will be beyond budget capacities of many households.  Most of America lives on fixed incomes and 99% of those fixed incomes won't handle this kind of financial strain.  Yes there is an additional expense of car insurance and warranties that will be available for purchase but you'd better get a warranty as good as that sold for the Rambler's in the early 1960's.
My Uncle had a Rambler and its drive train got broke and those are very expensive parts costing in the neighborhood of a new engine or new transmission and it was covered by the warranty he bought and he got a new drive train installed at no charge.  Lots of warranties are inferior to that of the Rambler though so it's best to retain a lawyer to read the fine print and do the necessary interpretation for you when you go to make that purchase.

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017, Bryan Schulz via blindtlk wrote:

> Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2017 00:22:16
> From: Bryan Schulz via blindtlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org>
> Cc: Bryan Schulz <b.schulz at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] Driverless Cars
>
> Hi,
>
> Especially if you want to be close to first in line, your estimate
> better end with 000,000!
> Bryan

>>> blindtlk:
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/spiderweb1%40s