[Blindtlk] Please Help a Friend and Fellow Grad/Handler If you Can!

Danielle Ledet singingmywayin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 16:14:03 UTC 2017

Now Peter I agree with you there. Unfortunately, I can not be on the
call this time around. I sure wish someone else would bring up those
issues. How do yall know when the Conference calls are coming up? I am
on the mailing list for them, but do not get any such notifications,
other than from other grads. Liz, she did ask them for financial
assistance but she said nothing was forthcoming, not sure about a vet
consult which I did ask if she had asked for. Another question.

Is it just me? I have noticed over the last 7 or so years that GDB
seems to be moving up in terms of graduate recruits and membership.
Could it be that this is because they offer not only a free dog, but a
yearly vet stipend? I notice they have a greater population of African
American grads as well and, culturally, this is why. Personally, I am
aged and angered by this for my own reasons which I know to be true,
and which I will not discussed here! Sure there are other schools
offering free dogs, but not many offer ongoing monetary support I
believe this is a large draw, but I also feel there is some
behind-the-scenes recruiting going on. Keep in mind, I never said I
wouldn't ever go to GDB, but I don't like under the tablebusiness.
Given tight finances, this is quite attractive. However, the pioneer
is being overthrown. James, I was not able to financially support her
either so do not feel bad.