[Blindtlk] Contacting Rideshare Drivers

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 00:54:54 UTC 2017

Here you can't give Paratransit special directions. Yes, that is dumb! You can tell dispatch but the contract with 3 different companies. Some are more responsible than others shall i say. Two are like the company you described-Viatran i believe.  You get assigned a different company each ride request. The drivers don't read directions from dispatchers and make no effort to find you vision or no vision. You don't know what company to call if they don't show unless you call dispatch before your pick up. I have never had a respectful, on time paratransit ride in my 40+ years. One family run company in Kenosha was excellent but when owners aged, the service ended because family didn't want to carry on.

Uber is definitely a great option. Could it be better?  Of course. After reading you note it looks like that driver was not responsible. He/shr gave the company the wrong contact info. Then again the uber data entry person may have screwed up. I've had more trouble with esl and drivers who can't follow directions. I thinksome worked for paratransit!

Ericka Short
from my iPhone 6+